Jesus Christ came to give us a full, abundant, and satisfying life, not a limited one but an everlasting life, a life which wells up, one that is enough for you and your neighbors. This implies that the goodies this life comes with satisfy fully. We do not need to worry about it running out. There is no need for a supplement because it is a full package.
Christ Jesus is Lord. Nothing changes that. Nothing ever does and will ever do so in receiving and accepting his Lordship, there is the responsibility to continue in him, to obey him, to walk the path he walked, to learn at his feet and above all relate with him, God.
The new life then is Jesus’s life, a life worthy of relating with God on an intimate level. It is the kind of life that makes us pleasing to the holy God. This life is a gift which provides a fulfilling and satisfying life and even overflows for our neighbors to have a taste. We have a new status before God because of Christ.
No wonder, God desires the whole world to hear the good news and it is simply this:
- God loves mankind and desires a relationship with you and I.
- Sins acts as an obstruction because sinful mankind cannot relate with a holy God. It separates and severes our link with the source of life, God.
- In a moment of absolute hopelessness, God made a way and sent his son, Jesus Christ.
- There should be a response. If you believe;
- Admit you’ve sinned.
- Believe Jesus forgives you.
- Confess him as Lord and Saviour.
- If you do not believe it, seriously consider it. Simply, search for the absolute truth and it is my prayer as God himself promised in Jeremiah 29:13, that you find him.
- Personal testimony:- who can dispute your own tangible experience?
- The roman road:- a set of verses from the book of Romans:
- Romans 3:23
- Romans 6:23
- Romans 5:8
- Romans 10:9-10
- Have you heard of the four Spiritual laws? by Dr. Bill Bright.
- A host of other methods…
- Simply, tell the good news.
Above all, tell the good news as the Holy Spirit leads.
There’s a whole lot to learn about the new life in Christ Jesus. As a good student, I’m off to learn more. It will take a lifetime and more but it’s worth it. You should too, friend…see ya!
Watch out for the next Gospel truth post…I am going to read John 3 and study under Jesus’ feet. (Why am I telling you? It defeats my intention of going nicodemusly!) Once the beans have been spilled, you can also read and then we can have a great time discussing…